Duke Energy and Advanced Energy are seeking interested companies to participate in a 2022 program focused on strategic energy management (SEM) based on the ISO 50001 standard and 50001 Ready™ program.
50001 Ready is a self-guided approach for facilities to establish an energy management system and self-attest to its successful implementation. Those that complete the program are eligible to receive recognition from the U.S. Department of Energy. 50001 Ready is also great preparation for ISO 50001 certification.
Companies and facilities served by Duke Energy and located in North Carolina are eligible to participate in a cohort and will be offered FREE training, individual consulting and technical assistance to obtain 50001 Ready recognition over an 8-month period.
PHASE ONE – RECRUITMENT
Advanced Energy and Duke Energy will collaborate and contact prospective companies and other stakeholders to promote and recruit facilities for the program. Expected timeline is February 2022.
PHASE TWO – COHORT FORMATION
The cohort will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, with a goal of having it formed by March 2022. The typical cohort has 6 to 10 organizations, and single-site and multisite organizations are welcome.
The expectations for participation in the cohort include:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in energy management and sustainability
- Complete and return the cohort questionnaire
- Commit staff and resources to complete the program
- Attend all webinar sessions and 1-on-1 calls
- Complete all prep work and homework
PHASE THREE – BEGIN THE 2022 NC 50001 READY COHORT PROGRAM
The cohort program will be structured as follows:
- Eight webinar sessions (every four weeks, running from March to October 2022)
- 1-on-1 calls with each site between webinars for check-ins and homework review
- Practical application of the 50001 Ready tasks and playbooks
- Assistance with application for 50001 Ready recognition
Please reach out for more information and to sign up to participate:
Kitt Butler, Director of Business Development – email@example.com or 919-857-9017