Self-Help Community Development Corporation has completed the first house certified under the SystemVision for Existing Homes program! The home is also certified through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program. The homeowner is looking forward to affordable electric bills, improved indoor air quality and dramatically improved comfort in their updated home.
The home features a variety of improvements including:
- Air sealing at attic, subfloor, windows and doors
- Increased attic insulation to R-38
- Attic access air sealed and insulated
- Installed insulation and backing at attic knee walls
- Installed new HVAC duct system to ENERGY STAR standards
- Installed three new exhaust fans vented to the exterior
- Installed 0.92% EFF electric water heater with pipe insulation
- Installed ENERGY STAR rated refrigerator
- Installed ENERGY STAR rated dishwasher
- Replaced 13 windows
- Installed 29 CFLs
- Installed a carbon monoxide alarm
Contact Maria Mauceri if you are interested in participating in SystemVision for Existing Homes.