Current Opening: Solar Engineer
Advanced Energy is an industry expert providing independent engineering services for large scale utility and commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) facilities. We are seeking an experienced Solar PV Engineer to join our technical team. The Solar PV Engineer’s main role is to support solar initiatives and provide advanced engineering services in the solar energy field to utilities, industrial customers, commercial customers, institutions, federal and state agencies, and other customers. The right candidate will be familiar with design, construction, and commissioning of large scale solar PV facilities. A thorough understanding of the National Electrical Code and utility medium voltage distribution construction standards is desired.
– Perform evaluations of commercial and utility scale solar PV facilities to assess the quality of design, construction, and operation
– Perform engineering analysis and present concise results to customers
– Prepare reports and documentation delineating tasks, analysis, test results, and recommendations for further action
– Provide hands on assistance in deploying new methodologies and technologies in the field
– Acquire data from field/lab instruments and process into useful information
– Design and develop products and services that take advantage of new knowledge generated by applied research and engineering studies
– Clarify and evaluate technical aspects of service requests from customers
– Create and conduct workshops and presentations
– Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department
QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university with a minimum of 5 years solar PV experience and 3 years of experience with megawatt scale solar PV facilities is required. 10+ years of total engineering experience is preferred. A professional engineer (PE) license or eligibility to become a PE is also preferred. NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification, an electrical contractor’s license, and experience working with medium voltage (>1kV) electrical distribution systems are desirable.
To submit an application, please visit http://capital.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-748253.html
Working at Advanced Energy
A culture of collaboration and innovation. At Advanced Energy, we want to be involved in developing, promoting and practicing sustainable energy solutions.
We work with electric utilities, federal, state and local government, manufacturers and a wide variety of public and private partners to implement advanced energy solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and transportation markets. Our teams work in the field, in our testing lab and in our offices to share ideas and bring about innovation. We are our clients’ best resource.
We offer a flexible work environment and adopt the belief that satisfied employees result in satisfied clients. We promote employee development opportunities, offer ergonomically accommodating work stations and encourage open exchanges of ideas and information.
We foster creativity in a team-based atmosphere where collaboration is key and a passion for helping ensure energy in North Carolina remains available and affordable is required.
Come make a difference with us.
Advanced Energy views its relationship with its employees as a symbiotic one – a beneficial relationship for each party involved. With this in mind, Advanced Energy’s employee benefits package was designed to fairly compensate employees for their professional contributions to the company. Advanced Energy believes that healthier and happier employees and families make for a better work environment; that’s why our benefits package was tailored for our employees to keep a balance with the most important things in life. In addition to salaries commensurate with experience, Advanced Energy offers a comprehensive benefits package for its employees that includes:
- Life insurance
- Long term care insurance
- Disability insurance
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance, including vision
- Sick leave
- Short-term medical and maternity leave
- Paternity leave
- Flexible spending account for health care and dependent care expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Vacation time accrued based on years of service
- Personal leave
- Bereavement leave
- Military leave
- Jury duty/subpoenaed leave
- Health club membership
- Mentoring program for new employees
- Professional development opportunities