2017 Smart Grid Webinar Series
Advanced Energy is excited to launch the 2017 Smart Grid Webinar Series! This series is uniquely designed to provide information about smart grid technologies to leaders and decision makers in our state who may not have a technical background. We will share updates on current technology advancements and discuss opportunities and challenges in North Carolina.
The first free webinar in the series, Smart Grid Basics, will take place on April 26, 2017 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM EST. The webinar will provide an overview of the modern electric grid and an introduction to key smart grid technologies. We will explore the impacts and opportunities for business and government, as well as the interactions between technology, policy and economic development.
Participants of the Smart Grid Basics webinar will learn about:
• The basic elements of the current grid and what is changing to make it a smart grid.
• Technologies that will provide benefits for electric customers, their communities and their power companies.
• Challenges and opportunities for economic growth, municipal readiness, community sustainability and customer service.
Additional smart grid topics planned for the 2017 webinar series include:
• Solar Power and Grid Integration (coming in May)
• Smart Meters and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (coming in June)
• Microgrids and Grid Resiliency (coming in September)
• Self-Healing Grid Technologies (coming in October)
Since 2009, Advanced Energy has been working to educate North Carolina stakeholders on smart grid technologies. Our team of technical and training staff have collaborated on this new webinar series in order to provide non-technical government and business stakeholders with a convenient and economical option to learn how smart grid is changing North Carolina’s future.
If you have any questions about the 2017 Smart Grid Webinar Series, please contact Terri Bowling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-716-6389.All Blog Posts Previous Next